Monday, December 16, 2013

~ Namely ~


One of my favorite parts of my Christmas decor are my grandchildren's stockings with their names on them. Making these constitutes one of the rare times I use the embroidery module on my Bernina.
It is all worth it.


My own children's stocking are made of felt and yarn and ... soot.  They were made in the late 70's and early 80's and they have seen a lot of Christmas eves on the fireplace.

I still love them dearly.


Also back in the early 80's, I made many a stuffed, fabric ornament.  Some of them are shaped like ornaments and I hand embroidered the names on.


When the grandchildren came along, I made one for each of them.  You can probably tell by the fabrics, which ones were made when.  


I do not have a grandchild name Falalalala, but ... that's OK, because ...

I do love Christmas and the decking of halls.

2 comments:

  1. I need to learn to do the embroidery on my machine! I love everything you've made. I'm a follower now....#100! Congrats on lots of happy blogging! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so cool. I did make stockings last year but did not monogram them. Now I wish I did:)

    ReplyDelete